Our cutover to AWS Web Servers last night was completed, but due to unforeseen circumstances, the cutover took considerably longer than expected. Initially, it was projected to take 1-2 hours to move all website themes over to AWS, but due to IBM’s limitations, it took us nearly 8 hours to transfer themes. These additional 6 hours pushed the planned overnight cutover to bleed into the following afternoon.
We wanted to complete this migration in advance of the Holiday weekend to prevent outages and a poor user experience during the high volume period. This was also a huge milestone for us getting to a more robust and scalable infrastructure, while also resolving systemic issues that would occur due to our previous provider’s technology.
What’s the Aftermath?
After the migration was completed, we noticed our system was experiencing an issue with DNS. This DNS issue resulted in vanity domains (e.g., www.YourDatabaseName.com) from properly directing traffic to the hosted domain of (YourDatabaseName.CrystalCommerce.com). See below to update your DNS to point to our new IP Addresses.
In addition, but unrelated to the migration, is a Point-of-Sale timeout issue that is affecting all users. All engineering resources will be focused on resolving these two issues for the upcoming Holiday weekend sales. We will also be pausing all migration efforts until Non-Cyber Tuesday and focus on system stability.
We are also aware that generated reports in the admins are not working, if you attempted to generate a report, please contact support and a representative can retrieve the report for you.
What actions do you need to take?
- If you need to generate reports, please contact us and a representative can retrieve the report for you.
- If you experience an oddity in your admin, Point-of-Sale, or frontend website that you believe is related to last night’s update, please contact support.
- IMPORTANT: Update your DNS to point to our new IP Addresses. We have added a second IP for everyone to add for redundancy. For a refresher on how to update your DNS here is our help article (please note that some providers may look slightly different and our example image is from GoDaddy). The new IP addresses are as follows:
Our Next Steps
- We will be pausing all migration efforts until Non-Cyber Tuesday and focus on system stability.
- All engineering resources will be focusing on resolving Point-of-Sale timeout issue that is affecting all users for the upcoming Holiday weekend sales.
For future updates:
For real-time information on system status. Here you’ll find live and historical data on system performance. If there are any interruptions in service, a note will be posted here.
Find CrystalCommerce emergency news and product updates here. What fixes are released, what features we’re rolling out, what features are in development, and future releases.