Careers - Engineering
We’re looking for talented innovators for our Engineering team!
Come work with our team just north of Seattle to help build a more unified Game and Hobby community worldwide.
Senior Software Development Engineer
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to work alongside our growing development team. This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on small game and hobby stores worldwide, while working on a product that is interesting to work on (we aren’t building insurance software or anything like that)! You will be instrumental in supporting our legacy product that is currently used by more than 700 businesses, as well as developing the future of the CrystalCommerce platform.
This is a full-time position at our office, just North of Seattle, WA. We are looking for a very special candidate to help our growing company, and the businesses we support achieve great things. To learn more about what we do and how you may be able to help, please visit our website.
The Senior Software Development Engineer at CrystalCommerce will report to the Head of Engineering and work alongside other junior to intermediate members of the team.
- Extract legacy functionality from the core platform into new services.
- Work with in-house and contract resources to resolve major performance bottlenecks.
- Mentor DevOps best practices with junior members of the team.
- Work with other members of the team to streamline development and testing processes.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience supporting live site and production systems.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Open source contributions
- Gem author, familiar with tools and publishing gems, how to modularize code into gems.
- Data model design: knows the pros and cons of different data store technologies, and can design data models to take advantage of them.
About the Team
Our growing engineering team is governed by the following set of principles:
- Well tested code – both coder and reviewer agree it meets the standard
- Leave it better than you found it, even if it’s just adding comments about how it could be fixed
- There are no dumb questions
- Be excellent to each other
- Don’t repeat yourself (modularity, libraries)
- Single responsibility principle
- Data integrity is NOT optional
- Tasks are idempotent
- Pair when possible
- No Silos
- No blame
What we Offer!
- Competitive Pay (This is a salaried position).
- Comprehensive Insurance Package – Medical insurance is covered up to 75% for you AND your family
- Flexible work schedule and telecommuting opportunities.
- 401(k) with company matching up to 4%. Immediately eligible. Immediately vested.
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year to start, with bonuses for tenure.
- 8 paid Holidays per year.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Office Cats! We have two of them, Buddy and Fred.
Who is CrystalCommerce?
With over 700 retailers and 1 million products in our master catalog, CrystalCommerce is the leader in inventory management solutions for the game and hobby industry. CrystalCommerce allows store owners to manage their entire inventory from one dashboard across multiple sales channels, including their in-store point of sale and direct website.