Here we are again, the holidays are fast approaching us and if you haven’t prepared your holiday marketing strategies, the time is now.
According to Business Insider, online sales this holiday season are projected to rival in-store purchases for the first time in history. This presents the most significant opportunity to not only get a bump in holiday sales revenue, but the holidays also offer a considerable branding opportunity when it comes to getting your company’s name out there.
There’s a lot of data out there regarding who’s doing the shopping, but three things are obvious; Millennials are leading the charge when it comes to holiday spending, which depending on the source, they are spending anywhere between $800.00 to well over $2,000.00. Secondly, Millennials will primarily be shopping with their mobile phones. Lastly, we know where people spend their screen time, and it’s on the phone consuming ads, content, and sharing their experiences on Snapchat and Instagram.
It’s important to know who your customers are and where they’re spending their time. Where the rubber meets the road is in the execution of your company’s holiday promotions, how and where you’re spending your holiday marketing dollars to go to work for you.
Many businesses jump onto Facebook and pay for some ads that get you likes or clicks, however, often times this strategy is like throwing tomatoes at a wall in hopes that something sticks.
This season get yourself ready to ramp up your holiday marketing with targeted ads and data. Targeted ads come in various forms like social networking ads, Search engine ads, and Behavioral ads to name a few. With targeted ads, you can drill down into who is going to be consuming your ads, which will increase the likelihood of increasing your sales this season. Make sense of the marketing spend by using the data from your campaigns, make some tweaks and go off on your second campaign. From there it’s Rinse and Repeat.
Social media ads on Instagram and Facebook are incredibly affordable right now. I say this because in the future they won’t be. If you remember the days of google ads being affordable back in the day, then you know that now is the time to strike while you still can, because the price for targeted social media ads is only going to increase from here on out.
If you are looking into ramping up your business with data and advertising take a look at our marketing services in our store. We can help you get set up with the following marketing tools:
- Email Marketing Automation
- Google Analytics Enhanced E-commerce
- Facebook Pixel
- Facebook Messenger Live Chat
- Full Digital Marketing Service
#1 Email Marketing Automation Set up includes:
- Your contact list CSV file export from current email automation tool and import to MailChimp
- 5 Email template design and set up for automation
- Set up of the sign-up form on your online store whether it’s an embedded or popup form.
- Email sequence campaign, e.g. you can schedule 3 emails which goes one after another with a certain delay in time (day, week or month)
#2 Google Analytics Enhanced E-commerce and Facebook Pixel set up includes:
- Google Analytics Enhance E-commerce account set up
- Facebook Pixel account set up
- Both Google Analytics Enhanced E-commerce and Facebook Pixel are integrated with your online store
#3 Set up a Facebook Mesengger bot/live chat on my store include features:
- Facebook Messenger Live-chat on your website.
- All conversations take place through a Facebook account.
- Defaults answers and FAQs inside Facebook Messenger
- Ability to create Messenger bots (autonomous digital messages that can answer questions, provide automated responses and be programmed)
- You can build Messenger list and do broadcasts to your list (think of as email list and email marketing)